Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Week Two - Bogotá Columbia MTC

Hi family and friends!  Wow!  Time flies!  I forgot to tell you that my P-Days aren’t the same every week.  Sorry about that.  There they are.
1.     Thursday 17 September 2015
2.     Tuesday 22 September 2015
3.     Thursday 01 October 2015
4.     Tuesday 06 October 2015
5.     Thursday 15 October 2015

So my latinas left me this morning.  Yes.  I cried.  I caught a glimpse of what its like to say goodbye to people from the mission.  I only knew them for two weeks but they made me feel so at home here.  Hermana Ortiz and Hermana Callirgos are serving in Quito Norte, so I might see them at our big temple trip, but I highly doubt it so that’s sad.  And Hermana Urdaneta and Hermana Rojas are serving in Venezuela so that’s also unlikely.  Speaking of Venezuela, no matter how much Spanish you learn and understand, you won’t understand it coming from a Venezuelan.  They are so hard to understand.  But it’s great!  Makes it more interesting.

We took another trip to the temple today (we go every P-Day).  But this time the session was in Spanish!  Ahhh!  It was like I hadn’t learned anything in the CCM!  Ha just kidding.  I picked up a lot of it, but I have a LONG way to go.  Luckily you don’t need a translator to understand the Spirit though.

I didn’t get a chance last week to tell you about my district a ton.  I LOVE MY DISTRICT!  There’s seven of us, Hermana Tirrell, Hermana Parker, Hermana Ely, myself, Elder Smith, Elder Scott, and Elder McDermott.  We are all super different but we’ve truly become family.  Everyone is hilarious.  We have a blast together.  After the Elders get home we’re gonna have a district reunion.  Elder McDermott is going to pick us all up in his family’s private jet.  Yeah . . . his family is rolling in the dough, but he’s cool about it.  He brought peanut butter and shared it with everyone this morning at breakfast.  I about had a heart attack.  I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER: way too much.  I should’ve stopped eating it a month before I left so I wouldn’t miss it so much.  Haha!  Anyways!

Man the Spirit is so strong here!  I have learned so much.  Sundays are great because only the 3 hours of church are in Spanish.  All the other devotional are in English (and there are A LOT!)  Then we finish off the night with a church video.  Last week was the Joseph Smith movie (don’t remember the name, but there wasn’t a dry eye in the room by the end).  And then this past Sunday we watched the biography of Thomas S. Monson.  I love the prophet so much.  He has literally dedicated his entire life to serving others and serving God.  18 months is not enough!  I need more time!  I can’t imagine being anywhere else right now.  And I can’t imagine being anywhere else right now.  I can’t imagine living my life any differently.  Wearing that name badge with the Savior’s name right next to yours changes everything.

That I can actually do this work as long as I’m working hard, talking to Everyone, and following the Spirit!
I love this Gospel and this work with my whole entire heart!  I love you all so much and hope all is well in the U.S.A.  Don’t forget to pray and always remember to find the mini miracles that God has given you each and every day!

They’re always there!

Much love,

Hermana B (what all the latinas call me since they can’t pronounce my name)

P.S. Mosiah 4:11-12


Hermana Callirgos, Rojas, Ely, Urdaneta, Ortiz, and Me!

 Hermana Ortiz . . . my favorite latina

Hermana Ely and I

First selfie on the mission

Hermana Ortiz again. I already miss her so much!

The hermanas in my district, our maestro Hermano Arango...sorry his eyes are closed...but he's the funniest person on this planet, and Elder Van Rossum...the only other American going to my mission for our transfer!!!  

Random picture of Colombia. The sky always looks like that. Except for today...today was strangly blue skys and really warm. Like 75 degrees. I was dying haha ;)

My humble abode. My bunk is the bottom left. 
My corner on the right half

Thanks for the letters mom and dad! You're so sneaky!

The mariokart traffic


Random colombian gas station

You can see the mountains in the background! the mountains here are so cool! I want to go climb them! 



Fun beer advertisement with a side of grafiti pretty typical

No comments:

Post a Comment