Monday, December 21, 2015

Week Fifteen - Divisiones (Splits)

Hola Familia!

Christmas is near! Time is flying by!

As we approach the celebration of our Savior´s birth, I´ve thought a lot about His sacrifice for us and how we can better appreciate and utilize the Atonement in our lives. Jesus Christ was sent to this Earth for a grand purpose. A purpose we probably can´t quite comprehend 100%. He was born into very humble circumstances, yet is the King and Savior of us all. This is a time of celebration, yet what do we celebrate? 

This Christmas I hope we can all focus more on celebrating the grand purpose the Savior has had in our lives. Hopefully we can appreciate more His Atonement, and decide to apply it even more in our daily lives. 

When the Savior was born, the world changed. As we celebrate His birth this Christmas, I hope we can all decide to change one if not more things to become more like our Brother Jesus Christ.

I know I have a lot to change and improve, and its quite overwhelming how much, but I know that through the Savior, we can all become better sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father.

This week is going to be a bit difficult to teach since everyone is going to be on vacation. You would think that people would be more receptive around this time of year but the sad truth is that they aren´t. Most of the people are working even more than usual. It´s sad what this special holiday has turned into. Nevertheless, we´ve got our goals and our plans set in stone and we are going to get to work. It´s going to be great! I love this time of year! We´ve been singing Christmas hymns since November! It´s the best!

Fun fact...the culture in Ecuador is a bit different (okay really really different) around Christmas. Christmas is the 25th, but no one really does anything special on Christmas. All the festivities are on the 24th. Everyone has a big dinner. We really lucked out and got invited to eat dinner with some members who cook THE BEST food I´ve had on the mission. This Hermana has some kind of secret magic ingredient because her food is SO good! We´re pretty excited to say the least. We´re also going to have some activities with our zone so I´ll be sending pictures next week of how it all went!

I am so happy to be a missionary and am so happy that it´s Christmas time. It´s a perfect opportunity to think more about our Savior Jesus Christ and spend more time with our families. I feel so blessed that I get to talk to my family this Christmas! I hope you all enjoy this time of year and this special day with your loved ones!

We had divisions (splits) with the Hermana Leaders this week and it was great! I learned a ton!

Feliz Navidad!

Hermana B

P.S. If you haven´t seen the new Christmas video from the church I invite you all to go watch it! It´s great! Set a goal this week to share it with one of your friends! Here´s the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment