Monday, January 4, 2016

Week Seventeen - Feliz Año Nuevo!

Feliz Año Nuevo!

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great New Year´s! My New Year´s Eve was spent all day in the house and it was really hard. We were itching to leave but we got a lot of stuff done so it was great. I made french toast in the morning and later we had spaghetti...sort of...and then I made rice pudding! It was great. We were finally able to organize our kitchen and catch up on some things that just don´t get done during the week. It was like an extended P-Day. It was very strange. Haha. 

We had a bit of a rough week this week. Our investigators aren´t doing so well and we didn´t have a lot of teaching opportunities, but we´ve learned from it and we´ve decided to make this last week of the transfer the best one yet! Speaking of transfers...I´m really nervous for transfers. It´s the first time that I don´t know what´s going to happen, and I really don´t like that. I LOVE my area and the people here are my family. I can´t imagine leaving, but I know that wherever and whatever the Lord has planned for me is what I need to keep learning and becoming better each and every day. But I´ll definitely be praying to stay here in Ambato with Hermana Chipana. 

I´ve been studying lately about the missionaries in the Book of Mormon. I LOVE the example of Ammon. I invite you all to go read about his experiences in Alma 17 until 20 I believe. We can learn SO much from him. Everything he did and all of his desires were to help and teach the people. He did everything to gain their trust and confidence. And then when he taught he taught with power! When King Lamoni asked him a simple question if he had been sent by God, he not only was able to answer his question but also teach so much about the Plan of Salvation and so much more. He was a consecrated missionary. I want to be like him. It´s hard when we have so many discouraging moments throughout each and everyday, but if we remember to follow the example of Ammon and do everything we possibly can for the work of our Savior we will see miracles and will rejoice, just as Ammon did. 

I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and I receive so much strength from reading it everyday. There are promised blessings just waiting for us if we decide to start reading more and applying the principles in our lives. I´ve seen blessings and miracles from this sacred book, and I can´t imagine what my life would be like without it. 

Hopefully next week I´ll be writing to tell you all that I´m still in Ambato, but if not all is well. I´ll try not to be too sad leaving my Ecuadorian home. :)

I love the mission and I love being a missionary!

I hope all is well in your families and I wish you the best of luck with your goals this year. Anything is possible through the enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ!

I love you all!

Hermana B

Baptism of Nancy, the grand daughter of my companion's convert from the start of her mission
​A rooster and a chicken in a normal field in the campo.
It looks like a ¨chicken with it´s head cut off¨",
but I just had good timing haha.
The dog of Pamela. I fed him Ritz crackers before I knew he was her dog, about two months ago, and now he follows us a ton when we´re in her neighborhood. He really needed a bath this day.
​Firefighters burning their doll, one of the traditions here in Ecuador.
They burn life sized dolls at midnight
 to burn away the bad things of the past year.
We finally made tostadas New Year´s Eve. I´m quite sure I´m addicted.
They´re so good but I don´t know why.
It´s just toasted corn. But it´s the best.
Typical Ambato sky


No comments:

Post a Comment