Monday, March 28, 2016

Week Twenty-nine: Happy to be in Santo Domingo

Hola Mi Familia!
I´m still in Santo Domingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hermana Corado and I are both staying here and we're pumped for this new change! I am so so so very excited! I don´t have a ton of time to share everything that happened this week but oh man what a week it was.
As a missionary you come to learn a lot about the opposition that Satan likes to put in the work. The families we're teaching are all facing a lot of challenges right now. It´s really hard to see but we know that the Gospel is strengthening them during these hard times. Even with all of the opposition, we've felt the spirit so strongly as we´ve visited them and counseled them. The spirit truly is the real teacher in this work.
I have come to truly love the Atonement here on the mission. The Atonement is the best!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine what my life would be like without my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives! I have felt that so strongly in the past few weeks as we have been teaching more about His Atoning Sacrifice during this Easter time. I learned from a missionary this week that the purpose of the Spirit is to first comfort us, and then to testify that Jesus is the Christ, and I have felt that so strongly this week.
The Book of Mormon is true! We faced a lot of apostasy this week, and it was hard, but not because it shook our testimonies because it didn't, but because we left each visit with a smile on our face and a prayer of gratitude in our hearts for the great blessing of having the true Gospel of our Lord and Savior in our lives! I love this Gospel and I love this work!
Sorry I don't have time to write more! I love you all! Keep the faith!
Hermana Beutler

Future Hermana Delgado! I´m going to miss her tons! She´s going to serve in Trujillo Peru!
A picture with my favorite muchachos. We matched :)
My Ecuadorian Family

No comments:

Post a Comment