Monday, December 19, 2016

Week Sixty-seven: Celestial Reunions

We are on top of El Panecillo
Hola mi familia!

What a week it has been! We got to know all of our sisters all this week! It was crazy let me tell you. We had a couple of divisions and also did some studies with the sisters. By the end of it all I was beat but so happy! We also had our Cena Navideña with President and that was AWESOME! There were a couple of trainings, a talent show, and of course some REALLY GOOD FOOD. I loved it all. The best part of it was that my companion and I got to sit at the same table as President so we spent the whole time probably boring him to death with our questions but he didn't seem to mind so we just asked away and learned a whole lot about his time working on the Church Educational Board (I think it's called), personal meetings with prophets and apostles for the past 15 years (no big deal), and how he felt when his brother spoke in General Conference and the Christmas Devotional. Haha. It was great. The best part is that he is so humble about it and always shares what he has learned from it all. I have learned so much from President Christensen! He has been such a big help for me! 

Another super fun fact about this week, I got to do divisions in Chillogallo my old sector! It was seriously like going home after a long vacation. I got to surprise a few people which was SUPER funny. Lots of screaming and hugs haha. And my favorite part was seeing the Alban family! I'm sad I didn't take any pictures but I'll never forget singing Spirit of God with them again after such a long time. (It was their favorite hymn from the start.) They are all doing great, going through hard times, but striving to be strong in the gospel. Oh, and Jenny's baby bump is growing! She now has 5 months. She's doing a lot better with her health because she was practically bed ridden for the first months. AND IT'S A BOY! (according to the doctors so I still have hope that it turns out to be a girl so Emily can have her way and put the name Katelyn Sofia) haha I told her that even if it doesn't then she's still got a chance when she has her own daughter. Hahaha. 

Oh and I ran into Paola today in Quicentro after eating lunch! It was one of the greatest things ever! I didn't get to see her when I was in Chillogallo because she couldn't go out to visit with us but I ran into her in the mall and it was so great to catch up. 

Seriously this week has been a week of reunions. And as I've thought about it its made me realize HOW HAPPY we will be seeing all of these people again if we do our best to reach the Celestial Kingdom. It will be a moment filled with joy and gratitude for all that the Savior did to help us get there! Let us strive towards this eternal joy! I look forward to my mini reunion this Sunday with you all via Skype!

I love you all so very much and I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

con amor,
Hermana Beutler

Look what the wind can do to one's hair.
With Hermana Castro and Hermana Ccompara
On top of El Panecillo!
This is a iconic volcanic hill with a statue representing the
"Woman of the 
Apocalypse" of the Bible
Locals call this hill- the "Breadloaf".











I love Quito!
Thunderstorm rolling in like nobody's business

The Virgin of Quito -
also known as the only "Winged Madonna" in the world
Quito cathedral
Hermana Runyan!
I found out she's from Spanish Fork and went
to high school with Andrew and Duncan!
With the Hermanas of Guamani!
President and Hermana Christensen
I found my face!
A truly awesome right before christmas celebration chicken burger
(that's not what its called on the menu but that´s the name that it deserves)
 
I remember Nahomy´s first time at church last change!
She went through so much to get baptized and she finally did it!
With Erika too!
 I got to visit
one of my favorite families! 
                Los Guiracocha!

No comments:

Post a Comment