Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Week Thirteen - Buñuelos

Hola familia!

Sorry I don't have a ton of time to write because I was sending pictures from the past couple of weeks.

But oh man, what a week it has been! I don't really know how to describe how it has been but it has been different. So many transitions and so many changes. I knew it was something that I would have to learn on the mission but I didn't think it would be this hard. I think that's kind of how life is though. We are always going to face changes and challenges. We know they will come, but once they get to us we lose all energy and hope. We become saddened at times. I've definitely experienced that this week. Heavenly Father is definitely showing me all of my weaknesses. With the language, with my patience or lack thereof, my ability to teach etc. I've learned a lesson I've learned several times before, and that is that we always need our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. We can't do anything without them. There is a chapter in Preach My Gospel all about the attributes of Christ and how we can develop them. I definitely will be resorting to that more in my daily personal study. We always need to be challenging ourselves to become more like Christ, and when we do so, the challenges and changes wont necessarily change, but our ability to overcome them and be a better person will.

My companion is AWESOME! I'm learning so much from her. I'm also learning that even if you can speak a language, to speak with love is a completely different skill to develop, and it is definitely something that I am working on. We both (my companion and I) want to teach with the spirit, and for this we need unity. Our challenge now is figuring out how to communicate with each other with love and with this goal in mind. I have already seen the progress in myself and in our unity, but, I have a long way to go. 

We are all working towards becoming perfect in Christ. At times that seems like an eternity away and maybe it is, but what's important is that we can continue bettering ourselves each and everyday through the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary and I can't wait to share more about my experiences with you all next week! 

I love you all!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana B

Philipians 4:13



Dreams came true when I saw that sign...I've been waiting to take a picture there since I got my call. 


So I was really brave today and I got a haircut by someone besides mom or camille!!! I asked a member whose basically the Latina version of Kim Kardashian to show me her favorite spot and she did! It was nice of her. But it was weird how they cut it. And I'm not quite sure what or how they did it but it looks okay...right??? It was much needed. 



A huge spider in the baptismal font. Even the spiders need the gospel.



Making buñuelos? with our less active sister. THEYRE SO GOOD....It's basically fried bread. But it's the BOMB.

We helped paint a members house a few weeks back. It was like painting with water colors. (They water down their paint here like crazy) Haha. But it was fun!


My face when I realized it was P-day. Always a good feeling.

Hermana Chipana and I



No comments:

Post a Comment