Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Week Twelve - Hola y adiós

Hola mi amorosa familia!


Wow what a week it has been. Hermana Pace and I set some pretty hefty goals for our last week, we prayed a lot about them and felt really good about our plan, and then one of our converts had a mini midlife faith based crisis like I explained last week and we rearranged our goals to be able to focus on her more. Well we not only saw miracles in her life, but we also reached most of our original goals that we set. Just to give a little more background, we were fasting as a zone to know which of our investigators we needed to focus in, and we received an answer by losing practically all of our investigators. None of them were progressing anymore. We were really confused but we pressed forward anyways. Then we found out why. This past week we received references from members almost everyday, which are priceless in the mission, because the people already have a support system. We´re working with nine new people now! It´s incredible! The miracles I´ve seen are so hard to explain because they don´t just appear out of nowhere. More often then not we can see the miracles in our lives the easiest when we reflect back on our day or week and try and find how Heavenly Father has had an impact on our life. There will always be miracles when we reflect in this way. We have a family of six that can all be baptized. I´m still in shock about it. They still need practically all of the lessons but I know that if they continue in the way they are they will all be able to be baptized this year if not in the beginning of January. We´ll definitely be praying a lot for their progression. 


As you probably already know the transfer came to an end, and Hermana Pace left me yesterday. Tears were definitely shed.  I was so blessed to be her companion. I learned an infinite amount of valuable life lessons from her, and I´m going to miss her SO much. But I am also grateful for the opportunity I have to continue to learn and progress from my future companions. My new trainer´s name is Hermana Chipana! She is from Bolivia! She is awesome! I´ve only known her for a few hours now but I know that she´s going to be an awesome companion and I´m so excited to work with her. It´s going to be an adjustment since she only speaks Spanish...which is going to be interesting. But it´s such a great opportunity to learn and grow with the language. My goal now is to not get discouraged or overwhelmed. But I´ve seen miracles in the mission so everything should be okay. I´m excited to direct sector and show her around and introduce her to Pamela and the Toalombos and Veronica and a ton of other super important and awesome people. It´s going to be great. 


The mission is the best. I learn something new every day. I have overcome things I never thought I could before, and that´s just another testimony to me that our Savior Jesus Christ lives and loves us so much. Our Heavenly Father is always listening to our prayers. I´ve learned in this past transfer how key faith is. It all starts with faith. No matter how big or small your faith may be, you can decide now that you´re going to do something today in order for it to be just a little stronger tomorrow. We can continue in this everyday until we have the faith to move mountains. 


I can´t believe I´ve been on the mission for three months. Time flies even when it doesn´t. But it flies the fastest when I forget about myself and simply love and serve the people. Being a missionary is seriously the best calling in the world. 


I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! I ate rice. It was great! ;) 


Keep on keeping the faith and praying everyday!


Con mucho amor,

Hermana B

No comments:

Post a Comment