Monday, February 29, 2016

Week Twenty-five: The Atonement "for each and everyone of us"

Hola mi familia!

It's always hard to believe that another week has come and gone! The time is passing by too quickly! I can't believe tomorrow is March! I feel like it was just Christmas!

This week was a great one! We had 19 new investigators!!! What?! That's crazy you say! I know! It's insane. Well. It's not impossible. Nothing is impossible in this work. But it is a pretty great number. We both broke personal records. Not that it's about the numbers but it is so great to be able to find more people that Heavenly Father knows can progress and enjoy of the blessings of the Gospel.

It's getting really hard to type in English...sorry if it's not making too much sense grammatically. 

Another miracle we had this week was that we found the husband of Emilda! We finally got to teach him! He is never home and he doesn't really like religion but he wants the best for his family. It was so great to finally be able to get to know him and gain more of his trust. He's really quiet but little by little he'll open up to us more and one day they'll get married and then the whole family, Alejandro included, will be baptized and then a year later they'll get sealed! Ah! The Gospel is the BEST!

Guess who's getting baptized! Ines!!!! She's the one that has a really hard time understanding and didn't really get an education. Well we found out that she needed to take care of some family issues to be able to really experience the repentance process and she told us it would be about a month before she would be able to take care of everything but she went last week to resolve things and she's going to have her interview in an hour! We have planned to have her baptism this Saturday!!!! Wow I am so excited for her. She stood up in Gospel Principles on Sunday and told everyone she was going to get baptized. She's the best. We're just going to pray that everything goes well. 

I also had the opportunity to give a talk on Sunday in the ward on testimonies. It was nerveracking but really cool too! When I sat down afterwards I thought back to the first talk I gave when I was in the MTC and I am so grateful to have the gift of tongues to be able to learn and progress with the language. It's nice that things flow so much easier now and that speaking English is harder than Spanish. The gift of tongues is so real!

I have learned so much in this first week of the transfer but what has resonated the most is the importance of the Atonement and the life of our Savior Jesus Christ. I am so extremely grateful for what He did for each and every one of us and I can't imagine what my life would be life without Him! I never feel the spirit stonger in the lessons with the investigators than when we are testifying of Him. We are here because of Him and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to carry His name over my heart each and every day. I hope that we can all carry His name in our hearts more and more throughout our lives each and every day. 

I hope all is well with each and every one of you!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Beutler

P.S. Alma 5.48

No comments:

Post a Comment