Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Week Twenty-three - An apostle in Ecuador

Hola mi familia!

This week has been AMAZING! Probably one of the hardest weeks as well. Carnaval was this past monday and tuesday, and we couldn't leave the house at all unless we had a really scheduled appointment, which is pretty impossible here, so we didn't teach much. Then we just had Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday morning to work because Friday afternoon we travelled to Quito. 

And I have been so so so very excited to tell you all why! I'll start by saying that there is nothing like the feeling of when an apostle looks you in the eyes and you can tell he is seeing everything in your soul. 

We had the great privilege to have Elder Jeffrey R. Holland come speak to our mission this past weekend! Wow. I still feel like it didn't really happen as I type this out. But I promise it really did happen! Maybe some of you aren't going to believe me but oh man it was like a dream! Elder Holland is here in Ecuador for two weeks and it´s the best thing ever! I can't hardly begin to express how amazing it was to be in the presence of a true disciple of the Lord. When he got to the chapel we were waiting in the outside gym ready to take a picture and as he walked down the stairs we sang called to serve. Wow. The spirit that he brought was like a heat wave! 

I learned so much from this experience and know that I have so much to fix and be better at to live up to the expectations our leaders and our Savior has for us.   

I found out at the conference that Paty (my investigator from Ambato) really did get baptized! She had been investigating the church for three years and we had her baptismal interview right before I left and I was really sad to miss her baptism but I was more nervous that she would flake out again but she didn't! She got baptized!!!!!! Oh my I am so happy for her! I also found out that Pamela is doing super well in her calling in the church and everything! The gospel changes lives and miracles are real! Wow! 

I feel so blessed to be a part of this work! We saw a miracle this week! One of our investigators who we felt would have a hard time progress told us only after two lessons with her that she talked to her husband and he wants to get married so they can get baptized! WHAT!? That never happens here! So many miracles! We also found out that there is a guy named Javier who has been asisting to church for a couple weeks now without anyone visiting him. He just showed up because he is seeking more peace and happiness in his life and he feels like he can find it in the church! Well he is so right! Turns out he lives in our sector! We thought he was an investigator of the elders but no! We are so excited for him and he has a date to be baptized on the 27th of this month! 

I can't even describe all that I have felt and learned this week but I just want to say to all of you that I know without a doubt in my mind and I feel with every fiber of my being that Jesus Christ lives, that our Heavenly Father loves us so much, that Joseph Smith truly was a prophet of God, the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and we have a living prophet and twelve apostles who are truly disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ. I love this work and can't imagine being anywhere else doing anything else. I just hope that Hermana Morán and I get to stay together for this next change! 

Stay tuned for more miracles and transfers next week! I love you all and hope you have an amazing miracle filled week! 

God loves you! 

Con todo mi amor, 
Hermana Beutler 

P.S. 2 Nephi 4:20-21 (my ponderizing scripture this week!)


My other addiction from Ecuador.  Polaca.  We are not quite sure what is in it, but it is basically like drinking sweetened condensed milk.  Or in other words, the best thing on planet earth.
I got the packages!!!!! On Thursday I got the one that took forever during our zone conference and the next day we were in Quito and my Valentine´s day package was there just in time! It came in just one month! How crazy! Thank you so much! I am so grateful for you guys! And the socks mom are literally a life saver! I really needed those! 
View of Quito from the nurses apartment in the morning
Reunited with my mom Hermana Chipana!!!!!!! I missed her so much!
​In the elevator on the way to see Elder Holland! So exciting!
​Me and my awesome companion!
With the two other hermanas of Santo Domingo eating breakfast in Quito!
We fasted all day Sunday (which we don´t normally do but we were travelling home from quito on saturday so we had to) and we ended our fast this morning with a good traditional plate of Ecuadorian clasics. Rice, eggs, and patacones(double fried verde...it is an addiction of mine now).

​Me and Josselyn, the cutest little girl on the planet. She just turned 6 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment