Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Week Thirty-five: Una Nueva Ciudad, Chillogallo

Hola mi familia! 

It was so great talking with you yesterday! I couldn't really speak very well and I was SUPER nervous but it was great to see your lovely faces and hear how everyone is doing. 

So I'm currently wrapped up in extra clothes, my raincoat, and a scarf. Yep, that's right, I'm in Quito. It was SO hard leaving Santo Domingo. I can't even begin to describe how hard it was. But now I'm here in Chillogallo, Quito and I'm really really cold but happy and excited for a new opportunity to learn and grow. I'm sure that I have much to learn here in Chillogallo and that the Lord has much in store for my companion and I. 

My companion's name is Hermana Riley. She is from Orem, Utah and she has 6 months in the mission. She's awesome! Super happy, diligent, and obedient and I am so pumped to start working with her. We're opening sector so it´s going to be a rough week to start out since we have no idea where we are but hey! It's not everyday that you get to go on an adventure like this! I'm excited! The mission is seriously the best thing in the world. I get sad thinking that I'm just a month away from my hump day. (9 months) 

The mission really is way to short. Time flies so quickly. It helps me to remember that we have to focus and GET TO WORK! I'm so excited for this new change. 

The Book of Mormon is the best thing in the world. It literally changes lives. I got to see the powerful changes in our investigators in Santo Domingo as they began to read those powerful scriptures that I love so much. I can't imagine my life without the Book of Mormon. I know that it is true. I know that it really contains the word of God. It IS the word of God. At times we question what God wants us to do, and we wish that He could just speak to us and tell us exactly what we need to do and we forget that we have His word! We have the scriptures! We know what He wants us to do! He wants us to obey. And we're blessed with guidance and blessings in return. My goal in this change is to grow spiritually in my testimony of the Book of Mormon and share the blessings of this marvelous book with every person I meet! 

Funny moment of the week...so in the terminal today Ines (our semi crazy investigator) came to say goodbye and right before she left she looked me in the eyes with such a serious look and told me "I'm going to bless you now" haha and in the middle of the terminal she blessed me with the sign of the cross in my face multiple times. I didn't even know what to do! I just smiled and tried not to laugh. It was so uncomfortable! The thing is, she isn't even Catholic and never has been. But it was a nice gesture...haha. I'm going to miss her. 

I hope you're all doing fantastic and I want you all to know that the mission and the Gospel are the best! I love being a missionary and I'm going to fight the cold that´s sure to hit me this week! Keep praying and reading the Book of Mormon and going to church! It's the key to happiness! I love you all! 

Con todo mi amor, 
Hermana Beutler

Mis hermanitas lindas


Santo Domingo Zone

Mis hermanitas lindas again

I miss her already!

Hermana Lopez and I

My three bffs

Priceless.

Ines y La Mamita

Add caption





No comments:

Post a Comment