Monday, May 23, 2016

Week Thirty-seven: Our 2nd week in Chillogallo

Hola mi querida familia!

Oh what a week it has been! I love being a missionary! There is nothing quite like it! From aftershocks, catholics, drop-down slides, and awesome miracle investigators we've experienced it all this week! It's been awesome! I'm so grateful for my companion. She is such a happy person and has such a positive attitude. We got through this week with a smile on our faces and it really has been a great time!

So we had some pretty big aftershocks this past wednesday I believe. It was about three in the morning when I woke up to a bunch of noise, and for about fifteen seconds I felt my bed shaking but then it went away. It took awhile to get back to sleep but when I found out that the earthquake lasted longer than the first from last month I realized that I'm a really really deep sleeper. But mom you already knew that. haha. I woke up in the morning a bit worried because it was really strong here in Quito and if its strong in Quito then it's even stronger in the Coast. All I could think about was my companion Hermana Corado and my investigators and ward members over there. There's no way to know what´s happened because we can't watch the news. But then I got a call at about 7 in the morning from President. It's not everyday that you get a call from President. I was a little nervous but then I answered and he told me he was calling to make sure I was feeling okay after the earthquake and to let me know that my companion is fine because he knew that I would be worried. I was so grateful to receive that call. It amazes me how the Lord takes care of us. He sends little mercies along our way because he truly loves us and wants us to be okay. I was shocked that my president would take the time out of his day knowing that everything physically was fine to make sure that I was doing okay emotionally. I was doing fine and he let me know that everyone in Santo Domingo is fine. Later on that day at about noon we had another strong one. I've learned that I definitely prefer the aftershocks in the nightime rather than during the day because I can sleep through most of it. 

But anyways! Enough about earthquakes. This week has really been a week of miracles. Our biggest miracle this week has been the Albán Family! Jenni and her three kids, Emily, Cesar, and Santiago. They're the best!!!!!!!!! My companion and I were doing divisions the first time that we taught them. I was with a few other ward members and we were teaching the first vision when she just started to cry. The spirit was so strong in that lesson! As we heard her express her feelings and desires to have an eternal family we felt so strongly the truthfulness of the Gospel. Her and her two sons accepted baptismal dates for the 11th of June. Then we taught her daughter a few days later and even though she was a little bit more hesitant she also accepted the baptismal date. The big miracle was when they came to church on Sunday. Cesar was marking his Book of Mormon with the scriptures that they were reading. Jenni was participating in Relief Society. Santiago left primary with a HUGE smile on his face. And when we saw Emily she had a Personal Progress booklet and journal in her hands and a young womens pin on her dress. Then later that night the Young Men's President told us that he went to visit them and that Emily said that when she entered into the church she felt the feeling that she had been there before and that she was really excited for her baptism! WHAT?! MIRACLES!!!!! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! Getting to see miracles like this just makes the whole thing worth it! I'll take aftershocks everyday to see the changes and miracles in these children of our Heavenly Father. It's SO worth it! We know that they'll be missionaries and really great leaders in the church in the near future. I can't wait!

I sent some pictures of our sweet district activity at Mr. Joy today! It was awesome! I want to go again! It was great to be able to play some fun games and get excited for the new week of work ahead of us!

Funny fact from last week. We were heading back from a medical appointment for my companion from the north part of Quito and we didn't change buses in time because we were still getting to know the buses here and the bus we took drove all the way up the mountain like thirty minutes away from our sector and it was really dark and we thought it was going to go back down but it  stopped and we had to get off and there were no taxis or anything, just a weird little tienda (store). But luckily there was another bus that was going to head down so we hopped back on and headed down the mountain. We felt pretty lost but hey the view of Quito was great! We got home safe and promised eachother that we would pay better attention next time. Haha.

I love being a missionary and I love all of you! Being on the mission is the best thing that has ever happened to me!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Con mucho amor!
Hermana Beutler

A service project we did for a crazy lady the other day. It was great haha. Always a good time.

My cute comp (Hermana Riley) and I

Our district went to Mr. Joy today! It was the best time of my life. I felt like a little kid again. Its like Chuck-E-Cheese but for adults and without the scary big mouse.
Super awesome obstacle course.
That red slide back there is straight up and down. You can´t tell from the picture but it´s literally the scariest and the best thing in the world. Also I´m pretty positive it´d be illegal in the US. haha.
Headed out to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment