Monday, June 6, 2016

Week Thirty-Nine: Freezing cold in Quito, but fantastic

Hola mi familia!

Another week has come and gone here in freezing cold Quito! And it was a fantastic week! Filled with trials and challenges but nothing that prayer and a positive attitude couldn't fix! We were able to break some of our records too! It was great! And we didn't even realize it until the end of the week. Those are always the best weeks, because the work isn't about the numbers, at all, but it is a good reflection of the progress one can make in your sector. My companion and I are super excited and we have plans to do even better this week!

The Alban Family is doing AWESOME! I am still at awe of how great they are! They really were prepared to receive the gospel at this time in their lives. Emily's back is still doing really bad but she was able to go to school today so she's made progress. We'll see how things are this Saturday for the baptism. We got to help them on Saturday move houses and MAN AM I SORE! It's been a while hahaha. Luckily the district came and helped out and we were able to get them moved in just a few hours. My companion and I had a great time! We're so excited for them! They've become like family for us. 

The mission really is the best decision I have made in my entire life. I will never be the same thanks to this decision. I've reflected a lot this week on the words of President Monson in his talk from this last conference. The good decisions are always the hard ones and the bad are easy but the best decision is when we choose to follow the Savior. At times it turns out to be the hardest decision because it requires change and much faith, but the biggest blessings follow when we follow the one who showed the way. I love having the opportunity to learn more about Him, study His life, learn of what He did and what He has done for us. It truly is a blessing to know that we are children of our Heavenly Father and to know that our Savior lives! 

I love this gospel and the things that I have been able to experience in my time here in Ecuador. I can't believe the 9 month mark is coming up this week. It's unreal!!! I still have so much more to do and so much more to learn! So I´m going to head back to work now but I want you all to know how much I love you and wish the best for you this week! Don't forget how special you all are. God wants you to be happy! Don't forget to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon!

I love you all so so so much!

Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Beutler

She´s the famous hermana (mom of Dorci) that I told you all about. When I told her I wanted to take a picture with her she started fixing her hair and everything and got super excited! She`s so cute! We went to do a service for Dorci. (To help her for all of the things she does for us) I love service projects!
Aaron and Andres (friends of the Alban family) all painted up for el día del Niño (June 1st)
These hooligans are the best! They´re the little brothers I never had! Cesar (in the back) and Santiago (right next to me) had already taking of their faces but didn`t quite get it all off haha.
Santiago - the coolest 11 year old almost 12 year old in the all of Ecuador. He likes rollerblading and saying the prayers during our lessons. He also has the wisdom of a 50 year old haha
Aaron is the best friend in the world! He´s a deacon and when the boys first came to church he got them all their Duty to God books and let them borrow his Book of Mormon to read. Don´t let the smirk deceive you! He´s a big sweetheart!
Cesar all dressed up and ready for his interview.
I scored this sweet poncho for $3!!!!! They normally sell them for $50 supposedly.
Nathaly! She´s one of our new investigators that we met at church on Sunday haha. She´s awesome!
The whole clan heading back home.
This always happens to me in the close up pictures with flash at night with Ecuadorians. I spend all day in the sun and it hasn´t changed a thing! Hahaha. 
On our way to lunch on Sunday. I love Ecuador!
So this happened the other day.
Random hill in Quito. 

A quicklook of a part of our sector. 

No comments:

Post a Comment