Monday, June 13, 2016

Week Forty: Baptisms in Chillogallo

Hola mi familia!

Hey! The Alban Family got baptized on Saturday! It was the best baptism ever! Oh man. I can't express how much I love this family. Their testimonies were the sweetest thing ever. They truly have converted to the Savior. We have seen such big changes in them. Thinking back to the struggles that Santiago and Emily had receiving their answers and seeing them now...wow. This truly is the Lord's work. 

Those kids are SO funny too! We were prepping the chapel for the baptism and Santiago went up to the pulpit and said  "I'd like to bear my testimony that..." and then when he saw that we were listening we started encouraging him and he said "I've got nothing! I'm cold! Nothing's coming to me!" hahaha. Later Jenny asked him what he was doing up there at the pulpit and he said "estoy acostumbrándome" (I'm getting used to/comfortable) hahaha. Everyone is already saying that he's going to be the next bishop. 

Cesar the other day was introducing himself when we brought the bishop over for a visit and we were sharing our favorite food and he said "I like any type of food it doesn't even matter where it comes from...unless it's from China!" hahaha. He cracks me up!

They really have progressed though. They are such a miracle. Yesterday they all had interviews with the bishop and right afterwards the boys went up to the secretary and asked for tithing envelopes. WHAT?! AHHH! They're the best. I'm so excited for them!

OH! And Steven has a baptismal date! FINALLY! He's the nephew of a member that I'm pretty sure I've told you about. Well we've been working with him for this entire change and he FINALLY accepted a baptismal date! We're so excited!

Funny moment of the week. We experienced dejavu today. Just like last week we left the store and it started hailing...well...it happened again. I think we need to stop going to that store on Mondays....

The mission is the best. It always has been and it always will be. I don't think anything can ever top this in life. I love being here in Ecuador and I love all of you!

Keep striving every day to be better. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that through Him we can become the sons and daughters of God that we were made to be! Keep praying and asking for help from our Heavenly Father! He wants to help you and He WILL provide the way!

Eso es todo por ahora!
Les amo mucho! 

Hermana Beutler


My Ecuadorian Family
Santiago wasn't ready . . . 
Baptism selfie
The Cerezo family, the referral family with the Alban family
Emily's baptism
Next stop . . . TEMPLE
Super excited in my new dress my comp gave me! New clothes on the mission is better than finding gold! Thanks Hermana Riley!
Hermana Riley and I 

No comments:

Post a Comment