Monday, July 11, 2016

Week Forty-Four: "We're not perfect, but at least we're not a disaster." Hermana Herrera

Hola mi familia!


Hermana Herrera!
I feel like I was just writing you all! The mission is going by way too fast. Last night we had a little earthquake. That wasn't fun. It was like reliving the first part of a nightmare and just wanting to press the wake up button when it doesn't exist. We were finishing a lesson when it hit. It lasted about fifteen seconds to an eternity. And when we were walking home I was trying to talk to my companion but my voice trembled more than the earthquake. Haha. Fun stuff. But really. If I've learned anything on the mission I´ve learned the importance in trusting in the Lord. It may not be easy or fun, but if we put our trust in Him, everything will turn out the way it needs to. I haven't heard any news of how it affected the coast but no news is good news in these situations. Then again I can't watch the news...haha. 

Guess what! Jenny is now one of the Relief Society teachers! What?! She got baptized one month ago today and she's already teaching classes! Wow! She amazes me so much! She really is such a miracle for this ward. Our ward is going through a Book of Mormon situation. Long story short there´s a lot of pride and a lot of less actives due to the pride. But having someone like Jenny come in the ward and be able to serve right off the bat is really going to help.

During our companionship inventory on Friday my companion and I were talking about our week and what we wanted to improve. Then she told me, ¨We're not perfect, but at least we're not a disaster¨ hahahaha. It was the greatest thing ever. And it's so true! If we´re dead set on doing everything perfect we're only going to frustrate ourselves! But if we can recognize the good things we´re doing then we´re going to be a whole lot happier trying to fix what we lack. President taught me more last week about the enabling power of the Atonement and how we can be better every day through our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He lives! 

So Steven has been working hard lately to obey the Word of Wisdom and a few other commandments and last weekend he went to the coast where his family lives. Well, he wasn't perfect in his goals, and brought home an alcoholic cocktail type smoothie thing that his family made him try and we taught him the word of wisdom again and he said that he was going to just finish it off and then obey....umm....so we explained the consequences of doing so and then he decided that he was just going to give it away as a gift....once again we explained the consequences...and we finished the lesson a bit frustrated because it seemed as if we were going to have to leave him. He´s struggled to keep the commitments we leave him and hasn't showed much of a conversion. Well we weren't able to pass by him this last week because we´ve been super busy with new investigators and he's' been working a lot, but on Sunday we asked him what he decided to do and he said that he didn't even touch it! That he left it in his suitcase and that he was going to throw it away! MIRACLE!!!!! We hope that this is a trend that continues so that he can truly repent and be baptized this month! We'll be praying a ton!

We're also teaching Andrea who is THE BEST! I'll have to tell you more about her next week when I have more time but she has plans to be baptized on the 23rd! We're hoping all goes well and that she has the health to keep coming to church because she's diabetic and the first time she came to church she fainted. Every time we visit her she always tells us how excited she is to get baptized! We're really excited too!

Well my companion and I are doing great. We're enjoying every day and working really hard. The mission isn't easy. Elder Holland told us, ¨Never has been. Never will be. Never should be. Because it wasn't easy for the Savior.¨ I'm so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for all that He did for me. I am a completely different person thanks to Him. 

I love you all and hope that you have an awesome earthquake free week!

Con todo mi amor!
Hermana Beutler

P.S. My favorite scripture from this week Helaman 6:3-5. Don't forget to be a member missionary!

We found our twins!
My companion´s twin is balding a bit.
Go crazy!
They left to Santo Domingo without me for two months! I´m going to miss them!
Andres grew a few feet taller...
Cesar trying to be tall.
Dana! The Bishop´s cute daughter
She´s one of the few Ecuadorians that can say my name correctly.
A rabbit face made out of flowers. 
She´s the cutest thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment