Monday, July 18, 2016

Week Forty-Five: Los Juegos Olímpicos de la Zona Chillogallo

Hola mi familia!

La Zona Chillogallo!
Every week just keeps getting better and better! Yes, I still love being a missionary. It's the best thing in the world. We had some awesome experiences this week and are really scared that we're going to get changed in two weeks. I think I'm going to go through mother-daughter post separation disorder. My companion is the best! She is progressing every week and we are seeing miracles!

So Andrea was going to get baptized this Saturday and then didn't show up to church yesterday....we had to change her date to the 30th but it turns out that she needs this time to be even more prepared and converted to the Lord. We thought she was ready but the Lord always knows better. We were pretty stressed out and sad but we kept a smile on our faces and focused on the positive while we were at church and we saw MIRACLES!

Just to name a few...

One of the less actives that we're always trying to meet with finally came to church on Sunday. Yesterday morning we were calling people to remind them of the time change (we now meet at 8AM:) yes mom...I do get up earlier now...) and his name came to mind. We called just hoping a praying that he would answer and he did and he showed up to church with his cousin that's also less active and really hard to meet with! Haha. Hugo, our investigator, is their step-uncle...and he has almost three months assisting to church but never wanted to get baptized and he finally accepted baptism this week! It was a MIRACLE! He has yet to accept a date but we're working on that ;) 

Steven is also progressing. He also was going to be baptized this Saturday but had some struggles and now has a date for the 6th! We're hoping and praying that he'll be ready for this date. 

The Elders were walking down the street on Saturday and a lady called to them and said "hey, you guys are from Peru right?" and since they're both from Peru she invited them in to hear what they had to say. Turns out it was a huge family and one of her daughter in laws accepted baptism and lives in our sector! She came to church yesterday and is SO AWESOME! When we asked her when we could pass by and visit her she said "whenever you want! you can pass by everyday if you want. I'm always in my house!" uhhhh what?! MIRACLE! We're going to visit her tonight and see how we can help her progress because she isn't married to her husband yet but says that they have plans. SO MANY MIRACLES. 

Teaching moment
We had a few other unexpected investigators and less actives in church and were super excited for the progress we've seen in the past few weeks for our sector. We've got a lot of work to do! I feel like we're just getting started here. I really hope I have another change here but if not, then I know the Lord will put me where I will be able to learn and grow the most. 

OH! Another small but gigantic miracle that I just found out about...well I just heard today from Hermana Chipana (my second trainer) and she told me that Pamela (from Ambato) is doing great and so is Paty! And the biggest miracle of all was that supposedly José Luis went back to church and was going to get baptized in May! WHAT!?! Do you guys remember him? That seriously would be the biggest dream come true of my entire mission. She let me know a little bit of what happened and why his baptism fell but I have to confirm it before I say anything. That was such a huge heartbreak when his baptism fell less than 24 hours beforehand. We cried and cried and cried but now we can rejoice! I really hope its true. Not sure how I'm going to find out if its true but I'm going to ask around and I'll let you all know. He's seriously a future bishop! I'm so happy! It's once again a huge testimony for me that the Atonement is real and our Savior lives! I know it's true!

The mission is the best. I never want it to end. Seriously. I can't imagine what life would be like without my name badge. I love being Hermana Beutler!

I love you all so much and hope you have a fantastic week!

Con muchísimo amor,
Hermana Beutler

¡Ya se van! I got to see these awesome hermanas during verification! 
My sister from a Guatemalen mister is leaving me!
I´m going to miss her a ton! 2 weeks left...:(
Happy to get back home to open my package!
Guess what i found.....;)
SO HAPPY!
​LIFE SAVERS! THANKS MOM!
A table full of weird but yummy foods all made from soy...
Cute little plantitas
Yummy and pretty. Sadly, it wasn't a taste tester...
Emma-my new bff/enfermera and I in the Health Fair our stake held.
I got scaled and it turns out I've lost weight!
I even checked on two different scales!
Miracles are happening or all the scales in Ecuador are messed up....
What do you guys think of my new proselyting look?
Team Beutler-Herrera ready to battle in los Juegos Olímpicos de la Zona Chillogallo 
Bread eating contest! I placed second in my round. It was some tasty bread.
La Bandera y premio 
Mummy what?
She cracks me up.
We lost this round...should've bought the more expensive toilet paper that doesn´t break every two seconds.
Of the ten companionships we placed 2nd and ALMOST won this sweet flag. :(​
Hey look I´m from Peru!

No comments:

Post a Comment