Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Week Forty-six: Amazing fruit

 Hola mi familia!

Thank you everyone for all of the birthday wishes! I´m trying to respond to everyone but I don't have enough time! So just know that it means the world to hear from you all and thank you for the emails!

To start off with a fun yet embarassing story...so this morning we were in our language study and I sneezed really loud. But I mean really loud, as if I hadn't sneezed in years. And right after from the level below us I hear our landlord yell back "SALUD!" (bless you) hahaha it was SO EMBARASSING! But it was really nice of her so I yelled "thanks" back. 

Well this week has been yet another fantastic week! Andrea came to church on sundayand so she's still set to go for this Saturday! The sad part is that she's diabetic and didn't eat that morning...she had to be driven home. She was about to faint after sacrament meeting. But now she's doing a lot better and we're going to see her tonight!

My companion is the best! She has been helping me a ton this week and we've been making a lot of progress in the sector. We have baptisms set up for the next three weeks! It's so exciting!

Today we enjoyed the "big day" by studying, cleaning the house in record time, going to a huge mall in another part of Quito and eating in a gigantic food court. I told my companion that all I wanted to eat was meat and ice cream. It's kind of a weird craving I know but if you know me you shouldn't be surprised. haha. We chose pinchos (meat skewers) and they were the best ponchos I've had yet! SO YUMMY! And then I enjoyed some mint chocolate chip and coconut ice cream. I'm a huge coconut fan nowadays. We also printed out pictures from the mission that we're going to use on the 6th for a big Mission Work Open House! I´m SO EXCITED! It's going to be great! I really hope I don't get changed so I can stick around for it. OH and this Friday we're going to have a Food Exposition in our ward and we're going to have each organization represent a country and they're going to make a typical dish or food from the country! We really excited and we´re hoping that it'll be a success. We're working hard to excite the members about the work! I've been learning so much in this change about member missionary work and the importance of working together with the ward. It changes everything! It makes me wish I would've taken part of missionary work before the mission! We all have to be missionaries! What are you going to do this week to be a member missionary?

Well tonight we were invited to about a gazillion parties. My companion kept blurting to the members about my birthday....we'll see what happens. I'm excited but nervous about all of the potential cake I'll be eating...wish me luck! haha

I love you all and I love being here on the mission! Thinking back to a year ago I wouldn't have been able to believe all of the experiences I had ahead of me and the things that are yet to come! Serving the Lord is the BEST!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Beutler

Look what they gave us mom! 
When we were leaving the lesson the husband hurried and grabbed a bag and just started filling it up with all of this for us! And we just met him that night! The people here are so nice!
Super happy, but exhausted faces.
The little kids in the street always stare at me and yell "¡Ella es gigante!"
It always makes me laugh because to me I´m the size of an Ecuadorian...and then I saw this picture hahaha.
This bag is heavier than it looks.

A growing papaya


"We´re pretty cool." faces
Sofia, the cutest little girl ever 
Noche de hogar con amigos

No comments:

Post a Comment