Monday, August 22, 2016

Week Fifty: Eternal happiness & wind

Our view of the hills that are alive.

Mis amores

Hola Mi Familia!

What joy it is to be able to write you all once again this week. Every week I feel like I'm writing as a new me. As missionaries we teach and preach the Atonement all day every day, and as we do so, we strive to apply and live by the same principles that we teach. That's why serving a mission is the BEST! We get to improve and grow every day! I learned once again this week that our Savior Jesus Christ truly loves us. My President taught that He loves us SO much that if He had to atone for us again He would do it, even if it were for just one of us. I'm eternally grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ! He is my Redeemer! No greater happiness comes from the world like that happiness we experience when we grow closer to Him.

This week was AMAZING! We sadly had to leave Steven...he wasn't progressing and we felt that the best thing for him would be some time. There's a promise that comes when you have to leave an investigator. It's one of the hardest things ever but God promises that He'll put those who are prepared in our path. I always thought that that meant that we would find someone new. But this week we saw an even bigger miracle! We left Steven and yesterday when we visited one of our investigators who has been assisting my entire time here in Chillogallo yet who has never accepted a baptismal date FINALLY accepted! We were literally amazed. 

Oh man. Speaking of being amazed. The winds here are picking up here a TON! I didn't sleep very well last night because the winds made something on the rooftop keep hitting against the wall. It's a good thing they give us a lot to eat because if not the wind would literally carry us away. 

My spanish is doing pretty well. When I was explaining to someone that we don't eat soup very much in the U.S. I told them that we only eat soup when we're sick or when we're in the place where the devil lives...it's the difference between infierno and invierno....my companion likes to remind me every day haha. 

Well I hope you all have had a FANTASTIC week and that you all remember that your Heavenly Father loves you much more than you know. Keep reading the scriptures and praying and going to church. It's the recipe for eternal happiness! 

I love you all so very much! Have an amazing week!

Con mucho amor,Hermana Beutler

P.S. my favorite scripture this week is in Helaman 5:12
He is my rock and redeemer!

Fishy faces
Horse smile! Jenny and Emily didn't want to join in on the fun.
Above is a message my companion left me by my desk one morning and below is a happy birthday card we made for Jenny. She's always doing puzzles and if you look closely you'll find my companion and I. ;)
Look who bought matching dresses! 
Quite a few people asked if the sisters have to work in uniforms now...haha.
Fishers of men!
One of my favorite pictures of the Savior.

Big smiles for a big week!
Our view

No comments:

Post a Comment