Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Week Forty-Nine: Temple baptisms & progress



Next step - temple baptisms
Getting ready for some good tug of war (my team won the tournament;)

Hola mi familia!

What a week! 

We had our ward activity on Friday and it was a blast! We were in charge of the activities and it was a ton of fun! 

GUESS WHAT! Emily, Cesar, and Santiago are going to the temple tomorrow! They're going to do baptisms! I'm so excited! It's a miracle that they're able to go! It's going to be such an amazing experience for them and we're so happy! It's been amazing to see their progress. Every day they seem to be more and more converted to the Lord. We've been doing a lot of visits with Jenny and she always amazes us with the testimony she shares with our investigators. I've realized that its one of the greatest benefits for being in a sector for a long time, we get to see the progress of the people we teach. But at the same time being in a sector for a long time is pretty funny because when we're contacting sometimes I look at the people and I feel convinced that I've already contacted them before haha. It's happened a few times now. 

Andrea is doing great! We are teaching her niece Mayra and she is so awesome! She has a really rough life, her husband comes home drunk every night and never helps them to pay for food. She has three kids with the ages 11, 3, and 1. It's amazing to see how the Lord works through His servants to help His children in need. As I've been reading in the Book of Mormon I've learned a lot about the importance of service! It is such a great way to show our love for our Heavenly Father! 

As a zone we are reading the whole book of Alma! They gave us three weeks to read and we have one week left. It's been an awesome learning experience. I have learned that missionary work is so important! I thought I already knew that but Heavenly Father keeps reminding me and its great! I love being a missionary! Even though we're still having aftershocks it's okay! Because there's no earthquake that can stop us from sharing this gospel! There was a pretty bad aftershock in Quito of about 4.7 from what I heard at 11:30 Monday night. It only lasted long enough to wake us up but we're doing great and we are very happy to be here in Ecuador! 

This week is going to be great! We're going to have divisions and we're going to keep spreading the good news! I hope you all have a fantastic week! I love you all so much!

Con mucho amor y cariño,
Hermana Beutler

That moment when you know you're about to lose...
This is an awesome water cup game that we'll definitely have to play when I get home! 
Post family home evening punishment for losing. They paint faces here when you mess up.
Santiago wanted to give me a unibrow. 
Mad brows.
Henry got the worst of it
Crazy Cesar
Smiling with our empanadas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment