Monday, August 8, 2016

Week Forty-Eight: Ice Cream, Watches & Open House

My new view of Cotopaxi at 6:30 in the morning

Hola mi familia!

It's so great to be able to write you all again! Time flies when you're serving the Lord and having fun while you're doing it! Well this week was filled with a lot of trials and challenges but it was still really fun! I learned A TON and am so grateful for the new week that lies ahead! 

First off, our ward mission leader is AWESOME! We've been working a lot more with him and his wife lately and they bring such an awesome spirit to the lessons! The gospel saved their home and marriage and they aren't afraid to share their experiences with everyone and how the Lord has blessed and changed their lives. It's the best! Working with members makes mission work SO MUCH BETTER!

We're currently helping one of our investigators learn how to read while we help her learn the gospel. Her daughter has been a member for about 9 years now and just opened her mission call yesterday and she's going to Paraguay! It's so awesome! We´re going to be working with her a ton before she leaves!

Did I ever mention to you all about Martha? Her daughter Consuelo was the one who was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Not sure if I mentioned her but we taught her a few times while she was on bed rest and for a couple of weeks we couldn't get ahold of them. Well we passed by the other day and guess who left to open the door for us! Consuelo! She found out that they were able to remove all of the cancer and that she's going to be okay! What a miracle!!!! It always amazes me how much Heavenly Father loves His children.

The Open House was the BEST!!!! Oh my goodness it was so great! Everything turned out awesome and we had a great turn out. I´m sad I didn't take any pictures but we were just so busy with everything that I didn't get the chance. But some of the members did so I'm going to ask around to see if they can send them my way. There was such a special spirit in the room. My companion and I were assigned to the room with the zone leaders where we talked about why we're as missionaries and the sacrifices we've made along with the importance of the message that we share. Our investigator Lady showed up with her boyfriend Fernando who we've also taught and who was also in the motorcycle accident with Lady (not sure if I mentioned that before) but he was in a coma for a week or so and has had 5 operations and is going to have his 6th soon. He doesn't remember us teaching him but he came to the open house and in the room where the recent converts were our mission leader offered him a priesthood blessing and they said that everyone in the room was crying. I'm so grateful for activities! They are perfect opportunities for our investigators to have spiritual experiences! The open house was definitely a success!

Well I love you all and hope you are all doing fantastic! My companion and I are doing great and enjoying our new apartment!!! I'll be sending more pictures of the new place next week!

Con mucho amor y cariño,
Hermana Beutler 


I don´t remember if I already sent this one but this is Zoraida and Lady
Élderes Albán
Mint chocolate chip and tres leches!
With a bunch of umbrellas in the back.
It rains so much here in Ecuador that they´re always prepared!
Bad angles but the icecream sure was tasty!
Fried Fish at Chao Pesca´o
It was a birthday of watches!
The black watch was given to me as a gift from the Albán family!
And I totally recognized the bigger white one.
Carmen you bought that one for your mission right?Thanks!!!!!
 
Don´t mind how I tore open the package haha.
I was just so excited to read these letters!
 
One of the funniest things ever.
They don´t have good pizza here.
THE COOLEST THING EVER!
Did you color this in Carmen?!
So happy to be opening these watches!
Not sure what I was laughing at but I´m sure it was pretty funny.
My cute fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment