Monday, September 26, 2016

Week Fifty-five: The fourth floor

Fun times in Los Chillos!
Hola mi familia!

I don't have much time to write but this week has been amazing! We had a ton of miracles and the women's general conference was the best! 

Speaking of which...I only heard the last talk. It's a long story haha but anyways the conference started and we noticed that it was in English! And no one could understand! Haha. So we went to see what was going on and we tried helping (I even tried translating for a few minutes but that was a trainwreck considering how quickly they speak) haha but by the end of it we had it all working by the time President Uchtdorf spoke and LET ME TELL YOU. That was the best talk EVER! I went into the conference with the question in mind of how can I strengthen my faith and I got an instant answer! It was actually a pretty emotional talk to listen to with my companion because these two weeks haven't been easy by no means. Not just for the people but for the sector. We have a sector that if you want to go anywhere, you're either going up stairs or going down. We are working on a hill haha. And so when he spoke about going to the fourth floor I could definitely relate. 

Well one of the fourth floor miracles this week was Martha! We found her when we decided to look for a contact that lived up a HUGE set of stairs. Every time we go up we have to wait to catch our breath before trying to talk to anyone because they're going to think we're weird trying to talk to them when we're huffing and puffing and can only say one word every few seconds haha. Well the contact didn't want to receive us so we started knocking on doors on the way down. We thought we had knocked the last door when two young boys passed by to enter their house and I heard the younger one ask his brother for forgiveness for hitting him as they laughed and opened the door to head to their apartment. I took a few steps more and stopped, absolutely stunned at what I had just heard. Since when do young boys ask their older siblings for forgiveness like that? Haha. So I asked my companion if we could knock one more door. We knocked on the door expecting the boys to leave but instead Martha (a neighbor) opened the door and we offered to sing her a hymn. She just walked away and we thought she was rejecting us but she said "come on in" I was stunned! Martha turns out to be an older lady who lives alone. Her son is a member of the church in Denmark. We taught her the Restoration and she accepted. She's probably the most prepared investigator I've ever met in my life! I know that God prepares us and blesses us when we go the extra mile to serve Him. I love being a missionary!

Well sorry for the short email but there is just so much to say and do and so little time! I want you all to know that I know that the church of Jesus Christ has been restored and that the keys of the priesthood are on the earth today! I know that the Book of Mormon is true!

I love you all!
con mucho amor,
Hermana Beutler

Best friend!
​This is what my companion made me.
She made fried chicken and mashed potatos with gravy!
I almost cried! Hahaha
Much excitement!
Post p-day sports day lunch with the nurses!

Never a dull moment!
We made Colombian arepas con guacamole y chorizo. SO GOOD. 
Divisions with Hermana Brimhall and Hermana Gardiner who was in my first district! Crazy how time flies!
​La zona
Look what I got!
The best part of my package!

No comments:

Post a Comment