Monday, October 3, 2016

Week Fifty-six: Conference Craze!




Hola mi familia!
What a great conference weekend!

Didn't you all just love it!? It was seriously one of the greatest conferences EVER! I love listening to conference! I honestly felt like it was the General Conference written for Hermana Beutler. I felt like they were all talking to me! The choir of missionaries was probably the coolest thing EVER! It seriously gave me the chills! I loved it! And my President´s brother spoke! How cool is that?! The talks helped me so much and definitely strengthened my testimony. If you want to know what the best part was hit up this link...

https://www.lds.org/blog/what-did-the-prophet-say-at-conference-october-2016?cid=HP_SU_2-10-2016_dOCS_fGC_xLIDyL1-A_&lang=eng
I am SO grateful to have a living prophet today who can guide and teach us. As I have studied the old and new testaments, I have gained a much greater appreciation for the Restored Gospel and for all of the many blessings that come with it!
"We are blessed to have the truth. We have a mandate to share the truth. Let us live the truth." President Monson
Ahhhh! I love this! Conference was such a faithbuilding energy booster! I'm excited to start applying all of the things I learned.
I also wanted to attach a video of the Sabbath Day that I LOVE and have been sharing with the people here lately. It's pretty powerful. Check it out...

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2015-12-008-the-sabbath-is-a-delight?lang=eng
This week was a little bit different because wednesday night the nurses called us to let us know that my companion had to be at the hospital the next day because the area doctor Dr. Burton came to Quito to do some training and check out the hospitals that we use to make sure everything is running up to par. Well I got to be a sort of kind of nurse on Thursday because I accompanied the other sort of kind of nurse to an appointment with a missionary who was having some problems while the other nurses were touring the hospital. It was pretty fun. Haha. Then the next day the two missionaries who were there happened to be two sisters who served in my sector a few months ago. So on Friday we got permission for them to accompany me to my sector while my companion was receiving training and we got to work! We went on splits and found out a TON about the sector. It definitely was a huge miracle from our Heavenly Father helping us out. Like always, He works in mysterious ways :)
It's so humbling to see how much Heavenly Father loves His children. Knowing about many of the challenges that some of the members in our ward are going through, as we listened to conference we knew that what the speakers were saying would help each and everyone of them. The main theme that I saw in conference like always was the Atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I learned once again that the Atonement was accomplished to help us all, it doesn't matter what mistakes we've made or what road we've been down before, as Elder Holland says, there is nothing that the Atonement can't fix. I am so grateful for my Savior. I'm so grateful for who He is, what He promises us, and what He did so that we all can live with our Heavenly Father once again. I hope that we all accept the invitation of Elder Bednar to get to know Him more. As we do, we will come to know ourselves as sons and daughters of a living God.
I love this Gospel. I love being a missionary. And I love all of you.
I hope you have the best week ever! Don't forget to go back and listen to the talks!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Beutler


The candy fruits that a 94 year old lady makes by hand.
She said that the spirit taught her how to make them
They are quite delicious actually.
In the crazy out of nowhere fancy dinner with the mission nurses, area doctor, and mission presidents of Misión Quito and Misión Quito Norte
After conference on Saturday
Selfie with Joa, Karen, Mia, and Kerly

No comments:

Post a Comment