Monday, October 10, 2016

Week Fifty-seven: Hair cuts & the Work of the Lord

Hermana Mosquera and I enjoying the streets of Quito.

Hola mi familia!

What a fast week it has been. Wasn't I just writing you guys? Well. It's been an awesome week that's for sure. Today we went with a member to see the Cambio de Guardia at the President's Palace. He usually goes outside to wave at everyone but today he didn't. That was kind of a bummer but the show was pretty cool. I took some videos. Then we walked around to see all of the fancy and semi-scary churches. We ate a super yummy lunch and then headed off to buy groceries and get a hair cut! Yes. I chopped my hair off again. It was much needed. I'm learning to trust in people more. It was hard at the beginning of the mission cutting my hair because I've been spoiled my entire life with a mom and sister who know how to cut hair. So coming to a foreign country and handing over my hair to someone unknown was kind of hard at first, especially because in the US a $3 haircut is a bad haircut haha. But I'm pretty happy with how it turned out today. Later today we're going to have a family home evening with an investigator and it's going to turn out super fun I'm sure. (the games are the best part ;) It's sure to be a great day. 

This last week I gained once again a testimony of the importance of tithing! In our companionship studies we have been practicing how to teach the commandments. Then yesterday we had the opportunity to teach a family of less actives the importance of tithing and fasting and we felt the spirit SO strongly! We were able to help them see how this commandment truly does bless us in life and in the eternities. I know that the Gospel has been restored and that we are very blessed to have the guidance of our Heavenly Father and His commandments to help us make it back home to Him. The church is SO TRUE! 

We had interviews with President last week and while we waited our turn the Assitents gave an awesome training! It was the best. One of them said, "never in the mission we are going to experience a day when we're walking down the street talking with our companion when a family passes by and says "hey! sisters! contact me! come teach me the gospel" nor will we ever have a member call us saying "hey elders! I have a reference for you. I already taught him the five lessons. He's going to be baptized this saturday. Can you come meet him?" mission work doesn't work like that!" And it truly doesn't. The work of the Lord isn't easy. It's going to be hard every day. But every day we see blessings and miracles of all types. I am so grateful to be part of this work! I love being a missionary and I love all of you!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Beutler

We went to go see the cambio de guardia today.
I´m not quite sure what I was seeing, but it was pretty cool.
Ecuadorian horses that look like they should be on My Little Pony :)

Happy because it´s P-Day!
The church that costs 5 dollars to enter because it´s filled with gold on the inside...
El Convento.  Look how pretty!

Leaving out into the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment