Monday, November 28, 2016

Week Sixty-four: Temple. Go.

We got them a picture of the temple because they're going to get sealed next month and this picture just kills me because of the way Pili with her baby belly had to scrunch down for the picture. She's so cute!

Hola mi familia!

Christmas bells are ringing and temple trips are in the air! Our ward is going to the temple in two weeks! ISN'T THAT THE GREATEST! I took advantage of having a temple so close when I was at home. Now it's like going to Neverland. Seriously. Having a temple in Quito is going to be SUCH a blessing for the members here. Instead of having to pay 20-30 dollars for the trip they're going to be able to pay 50 cents. 25 to get there, 25 to get back. And even though 20 dollars doesn't seem like a big sacrifice it is a HUGE sacrifice here. Especially when they want to go as a family. I am so grateful for temples and for family history work. We have been encouraging our recent converts about it a TON and the ward is working really hard on indexing because we'll be getting a real chapel that's the size of two stake centers practically in January and they want to be able to have a Family History Center in the building. But we've got to work hard to get it. This week I have learned that the spirit of Elijah is SO REAL. We contacted a lady last night and started mentioning about family history and the spirit of the contact changed COMPLETELY. She mentioned that her husband passed away a year ago and opened up way more than she would've in any other contact. I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK! Missionary work exists on both sides of the veil and is just as important! GO TO THE TEMPLE! It's the greatest experience ever. I can't wait to be able to go back. I spoke in sacrament meeting on Sunday about missionary work and my shared a quote by President Monson that my companion shared with me when he said that whatever sacrifice it takes to go to the temple is worth it. It doesn't matter what we have to sacrifice! We're talking about salvation here! It's the most important thing there is! No price we can pay can replace it or exceed its worth! 

Our ward mission leader and his wife are going to be sealed in the temple this trip and it is so exciting! They have been fighting for so long to get to this point! Pili had two kids before meeting Galo (our mission leader) and they were nervous that they weren't going to get the father's permission for them to be sealed to them but he signed the paper on Sunday and then after ward council the Stake President's councilor came in and handed them their recommends! I wish I could've filmed that moment for you all to see. It was the greatest thing ever. Galo looked like he had just been given a huge chocolate cake just for him. He was almost jumping up and down like a little boy. They are so excited and ready to have their eternal family. They have had SO much opposition, but they have also had SO many miracles. I can't wait to see pictures! It is so exciting! I LOVE THIS GOSPEL! 

I know that temples are the House of the Lord. I know that it is only there where we can truly reach eternal progression. I know that President Monson is a prophet of God and that whatever sacrifice it takes to get there, that we should do it. I invite you all to go to the temple. Whether it be inside or out, just go. Say a prayer while you're there, and ask your Heavenly Father how you can keep learning and growing to return to live with Him. I know you won´t regret it. 

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic spirtually filled week!

con mucho amor,
Hermana Beutler

JUST LOOK AT THE LOOK ON THEIR FACES
WHEN THEY GOT THEIR TEMPLE RECOMMEND!
Yes, I will be framing this picture for them.
BEST. THING. EVER. Eternal happiness in a picture. 

We dropped in to surprise hermana Ccompara on her birthday. It was great.
Silly faces!
My companion saying her last goodbyes to Hermana Crowther
Me taking a selfie of their goodbyes but I got caught haha
Hermana Ccompara
I ATE CALOSTRA DE VACA - that is, the milk from a cow right after it gives birth. Not too shabby. 
Tres leches is the BOMB.com...and so is Erika's face.
One of the greatest meals I've had in a while.
It was pretty delicious. Sadly it wasn't on Thanksgiving day, but I still counted it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment