Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Week Forty-One: I'm going to TRAIN! WHAT?!

Hola mi querida familia! 

I'm going to TRAIN! WHAT?! Crazy right?! I still can't believe it! I'm so excited! I've always wanted to train but I honestly thought it never was going to happen. But it's real. It's happening! I´m so nervous! Haha. It was really hard for Hermana Riley and I to receive the changes because we really didn't want changes to come and we received the phone call in the house of the Alban Family. Many tears were shed to say the least. Changes are hard. But what I have learned is that the Lord knows us SO well that He knows exactly what we need to progress. At times we get comfortable where we are at so He decides to shake things up a bit. So this week is going to be interesting. Right now Hermana Solar (an hermana from Chile) is staying with me and Wednesday morning we're going to head to the center of Quito to meet the new sisters and receive training. I'm so excited! I know I am going to learn a TON and that it's going to be a great experience! 

This week we got to see Santiago and Cesar receive the Priesthood! And their dad came too! It was a miracle! They're such good kids. And they've been a great example to their dad. He's spending more time with his kids now and as a couple they aren't fighting. MIRACLES! It's absolutely amazing to see the blessings of the gospel in the lives of those you love, and I really love this family! They are so special to me and even more special to our Heavenly Father. He really does bless His children when they obey. He always keeps His promises. I love Him so much! I'm so grateful to have felt of His love and to come to know of a surety of that He exists! I know it's true! 

We visited the grandma (who's not a member) of some of the young men in our ward. She was a reference of the bishop and we went not really knowing what to expect. Turns out that 2 weeks ago her daughter was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She told us that it had turned her whole world upside down and that at times she laughs on the outside but at the same time she is crying on the inside. She has a few granddaughters that she takes care of and she mentioned that she had to hold everything in because she can't let them see her crying. When they do see her crying she tells them that she has a headache and so they run and grab the pills to help grandma feel better. It was so hard seeing her break down to us explaining this all. We were able to share with her the Plan of Salvation and that she would be able to see her entire family again, and that they could be together forever. As we shared and testified, I felt so strongly the spirit confirm to me that His plan truly is perfect. I know that He loves all of us and wants us to return to Him. It requires faith, a lot of faith. But if we remember that faith isn't to have a perfect knowledge of things but a hope in that which is true, we are going to have just enough to be able to feel of the redeeming love of our Savior Jesus Christ. 

I love this gospel and I know that it is true! I have felt it, I have seen it, and I know that you can too! 

Don't forget that He is just a prayer away! 

Les quiero a todos ustedes y espero que se encuentren super bien! 

Con mucho amor y abrazos,

Hermana Beutler

The Zone
The elder got creative with this picture
The hermanas! and a random elder....
They're so cute!
Zone gone wild!
Zone Selfie!
Pao! The strongest women I´ve met on this earth besides you mom!
Suni! He requests that we play ninja every time we see him. Pao & I accidentally matched on Sunday! It was pretty awesome.
Don´t ask how everyone got pink lipstick on their faces...
Bishop´s birthday party! He picked the Ninja Turtle theme.
You know you´re tall when you get asked to hold up the piñata at a birthday party...no...I didn´t get hit....but I was scared jaja
Tamal de pescado=YUM
DANA! The bishop´s daughter who speaks better English than I do now
Aaron!
Santiago and I won! These are our excited faces...
Jenny y Santiago
Hermana Riley! I already miss her!
Random cool looking house on the outskirts of Chillogallo.

No comments:

Post a Comment