Monday, October 31, 2016

Week Sixty: El Dorado

Esperanza! The cute little old lady that I can´t believe smiled for the picture!

Hola mi familia!

I have learned SO MUCH this week! So some have asked what I'm doing in my assignment right now and we basically take care of the sisters in our respective zones. We go on splits with them to see how they are doing to report the needs to President and work to help them out. We also give trainings and go to a Leader's Council with all of the zone leaders, assistents, and President and Hermana Christensen to talk about the needs and goals of the mission. 

This week we did splits with some sisters and it was really fun! I already love this. And today we did a halloween activity with all of the sisters and we had a ton of fun. We played games and practiced contacting "trick or treat" style and it was fun. If we did an efective contact we received a candy. It was great. 

In our sector we have Bryan who is AWESOME! He is getting baptized on the 19th of November. His dad is really Catholic and his mom is inactive but his cousin is the Bishop of our ward and so we are working with him a ton to get him ready. His parents are supportive even though his dad doesn't agree with what we teach. But I am so grateful for the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and to know without a doubt that the teachings of Christ were restored by Joseph Smith. We were able to testify of this restoration to his dad and I know without a doubt that he felt it. I know that every person that ever existed will hear it and know that it's true! I am so grateful for the Gospel!

I love this quote by Elder Holland...
"It's not wishful thinking, it's doctrinal hope, that God's grace is sufficient that if we come unto Him, that everything that was broken gets fixed, that's the great promise of the Gospel" 

I know that Christ lives! I know that His Gospel can fix everything!

con mucho amor,
Hermana Beutler

Spent the whole transfer gaining Edith's trust, and then I had to say goodbye. When I got there she didn't even want to look at us, but then when I left she didn't let me leave without giving me chocolate. She's so cute. Ya miso she's getting baptized. Miracles happen.  
The coolest oldsters on the block! The Garcia family! I love them!!!!
I love the little boy's face!
Seconds later he started attacking my ear...
Familia Sierra! The best little family in the world! I love them so much! 

. . . trick or treat contacting practice in the park
We had an activity with all of the hermanas today! It was great!
Halloween isn't halloween without a ghost lollipop.
They never warn me when it´s a silly picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment