Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Week Sixty-one: Eternal Families


Hermana Beutler and Hermana Mosquera chatting with UN Conference attendees on the streets of Quito
Hola Mi Querida Familia!

This week has been great! I am definitely adjusting to the new assignment with all of the things we do to help the hermanas out. We had about a billion consejos this week of all different types and we did divisions with the sisters and did a couple studies too! It was great! I learned A TON and felt a renewal of my testimony of the love our Heavenly Father has for His children. We had to help a couple hermanas out this week that have been going through a rough time this change to the point that they were hiding some of the health issues that we were having. At first I was really frustrated for them hiding the truth from us and their other leaders and when we got to their house I was still pretty frustrated. We talked as a companionship about the reasons why it had happened and what we could do and so we decided to pray. After the prayer I decided that I was only going to open my mouth to say something to them if the spirit told me to, just as it instructs in D&C121:45-47. So I did and let me tell you...it was HARD. But we were able to help them and figure things out and I felt so grateful for the spirit! There is so much I have to get better at and so much patience and love that Heavenly Father wants me to develop but I am grateful for the Atonement and my Savior Jesus Christ for making that all possible for me. 

This week we had a LOT of opposition contacting. We contacting pretty much everyone except the people who wanted to listen, but it was GREAT! Because I felt my testimony being stregthened SO MUCH! It's so true that when we bare our testimony that it grows. And we saw the evidence of that in one of the recent converts in our ward who got up to bare his testimony this week on Sunday. He got baptized two months ago and he has the coolest testimony ever. It's simple. But there is no denying it. And I believe that that testimony is the strongest one of all, the one that can't be moved by any trial or hardship we face. Better yet, that's when our testimony should grow! Remember, doubt your doubt before you doubt your faith! 

We also were able to help out a family this week that are active members but the husband has been having to work on Sunday's and he wasn't sure what he was going to do about it. We spoke about the power of daily prayer and scripture study along with fasting. We taught them about the importance of eternal families and making sacrifices with faith even when we don't know how we're going to put food on the table. Guess who we saw baring their testimonies TOGETHER on Sunday. THIS FAMILY! The spirit was so strong as we saw them get up together and it motivated us to work even harder this week to help the children of our Heavenly Father!

Time to get to work!

Con mucho amor y cariño,
Hermana Beutler

P.S.it's always better to believe

#BELIEVE
Mission Leadership Conference  
These pictures were all taken in Consejo de Lideres. It was awesome! I loved seeing the Hermanas! Half of them are going home this change. :(
She's so cute! I love my companion!
Hermana Willson who I met on Facebook a year and a half ago before we left on the mission and I finally got to get to know her for real this week! She's going home this change! She's the best! 
Hermana Riley is the cutest! 
Oh how the mission has changed us. 
Hermana Benavides is the best! And not just because she has Carmen and River's last name!
I came up to them and just said "hey! selfie!" and snapped the shot. this is how it turned out and i love the look on Hermana Solar's face hahaha
Then we took a real one. They're so cute.

You know you like colada morada when you'll accept even in a gatorade bottle. 
That's what I'm talkin about! -Hermana Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment