Monday, January 9, 2017

Week Seventy: "It's them! They're missionaries!"



Hola mi familia!

Oh how time flies. MIRACLES! SO. MANY MIRACLES.

So after a few weeks of barely having anyone in church on sundays for all of the fiestas...the churched was jam packed on sunday! And we had a bunch of investigadors there too! It was incredible. A family I taught one time last change but that we haven't been able to find called us Sunday morning to ask for the direction of the church building. Yes, we were quite shocked. Haha that doesn't happen every day. 

Then, yesterday we were in this apartment complex that's pretty much on the side of the mountain and super far away to eat lunch (the lunch was delicious by the way, we ate this colombian coconut rice...wow...I could definitely eat that for another year and a half) and we were knocking on a couple doors of a few less actives with little success. As we were about to head down to take the bus the two kids walked up to us and the older boy yelled to his little sister, "It's them! They're missionaries!" We were a bit confused but we didn't have to wait long to find out what was going on. The boy told us "We're less active mormons. we've been looking for missionaries around here but we haven't been able to find the church!" we asked if their mom was home and they said "Yes! go visit her right now!" hahaha so we went and met Solange. Solange is a single mother with two kids, Sebastian (11) and the little sister we didn't catch her name but she's 9. They joined the church about 7 years ago but went inactive about 5 years ago and Solange was SO EXCITED to see us. She said that she went inactive because of her studies but now that she isn't studying and can now go to church she hasn't been able to find a church building because they got baptized in Northern Quito :D She said that she wants Sebastian to prepare to go on a mission and for her daughter to be baptized. I'll definitely be giving updates on them as things move forward :)

On Friday we had interviews with President and it was THE BEST! Every opportunity that I have to meet with him it's such a huge learning experience for me! It motivated me so much to keep going and keep giving it my all! I am so grateful for all of the things I've learned and am learning! I know that Christ lives! I know that the Atonement works! It truly does! I for one am living walking proof. If it weren't for the sacrifice our Savior gave, I wouldn't experience even a fraction of the happiness that I have up until this point in my life! I know its real! As a representative of Jesus Christ I testify that He is our Savior and Redeemer, our Hope, our Light in the darkness, and only way back home to live with our Heavenly Father!

I invite you all to go back and read the conference talks from October! They never get old! They don't have an expiration date! My goal is to study them all twice before next conference comes in April! Who's with me?

I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week!

con mucho amor,
Hermana Beutler

P.S. I invite you all to go watch this talk! I studied this one this morning and its golden!








No comments:

Post a Comment