Monday, January 16, 2017

Week Seventy-one: "Coming Home"

Hermana Wyson and I are in Ambato
Hola familia!

Today I went home!!! But not my California home of course...my mission home! That's right! I'm back in Ambato!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm so excited! It's so weird being here in my first zone again but I love it! This time around I'll be serving in the Ambato ward instead of Pradera. It's the first time I'm outside of Quito in 9 months, so the climate change was pretty crazy (it's a bit warmer here). I honestly couldn't believe my district leader when he told me the transfers. I'm back in my birthplace! Haha. So many memories have been flooding through my mind today as we've gone around the first places I went to on the mission over a year ago. I'm with Hermana Wyson! She's from Orange County and she's so great! She's super funny and such a great missionary! We are going to work so hard this change! It's going to be great! 

This past week was so awesome! We worked really hard and gave it our all! Everyday we saw how the Lord worked through us to find new people to teach and it was such a great experience! On Sunday I got to speak in Sacrament Meeting and it was so special because the speaker that came before me was Brayan! I shared that the last time that I spoke in the ward was the day after his baptism, and so to see him speaking in front of almost 200 people just a couple months later was THE BEST! We spoke on missionary work. I shared about Elder Andersen's talk ¨testigos de Dios¨ I love that talk so much! Here's the link so you can all go and enjoy it!

I am so excited for this transfer! It's going to be the best yet! I am so grateful for all of the experiences I've had on the mission and all that are yet to come! I love serving the Lord. I love being here in Ecuador. I love every little bit of it. It's not an easy task, in fact, it's really hard. But as a sister shared with me, the mission is the hardest thing I've ever loved so much. 

I hope you can all find a love for sharing the gospel with others this week! 

Fun moment of the week, my companion taught me Geringoso...it's basically the spanish piglatin...i'm working on mastering my third language haha. It's really fun!

example: To say...Soy un hijo de Dios...Soypo unpu hipijopo depe Diospo

I love you all!

abrazos,
Hermana Beutler 
Trying out some agua de savila in the freezing cold!
It's the strangest thing ever...you don't need a straw...
and you don't need to hold the cup up, you just drink it
.
Bebe!!!!!! Pili and Galo's newborn baby.
Quito should be called Raintown...because it only rains...
I love Hermana Valdebenito!
Mipi compapapaƱeperapa! (geringoso...:)
:D
Zona Turubamba
Zona Turubamba selfie
Zona Turubamba - another selfie
Clouds covering Cotopaxi
Cotopaxi

Coming home to Ambato

No comments:

Post a Comment