Monday, January 23, 2017

Week Seventy-two: Soccer & Straw towers

hermana friends

Hola familia!

This week has been so great! Every night in my journal I have been writing down the miracle of the day and the funniest moment of the day. So that should give you an idea of how awesome of a time it has been. The work here is great! We have quite a few people that should be getting baptized this transfer. We have a lot of work to do! 

Today we went to the park for P-day with all of the hermanas we'll be working with this change to play soccer! It was so much fun! 

I've been seeing a lot of familiar faces lately from Pradera...its great to finally be able to talk to them now that I speak spanish...haha. 

Some days its burning hot here and some days its pretty chilly. My companion and I have just learned to always be prepared and bring the umbrella. Haha. Speaking of my companion, she's HILARIOUS. If you know my cousin Jessica, well that's my companion. We get along great as you can imagine. I'm glad Heavenly Father has blessed me with such a great companion to enjoy this precious time I have! I am loving mission life and I don't want it to end!

We have an amazing investigador named Mayra who is the wife of an inactive member. We taught them the Word of Wisdom this week and they were a little surprised about the tea and coffee part. Jorge (the husband) asked why we don't drink coffee or tea and mayra responded "it's so that we can be obedient and do what God wants us to do" That was seriously the best moment ever! The investigador teaching the inactive! She is truly amazing! 

Alright so our funniest moment this week...was quite embarassing. Haha. So our water is gas heated...not common in the mission but great! So my comp told me that the heater needed some maintenance because its been going pretty loco lately. Well up until Thursday or Friday we were taking cold showers. There was absolutely no hot water haha. So we talked to our landlord and he came over with his wife and checked out the heater and even changed the battery but nothing was working. Then his wife walked over to the gas and started checking it out. She lifted it up and yelled "there's no gas!" hahaha one of the most embarassing moments of my life. Yeahhh. So we aren't taking cold showers anymore. Hahaha. 

Well family. Time to get to work! It's the best thing in the world! I hope you all have a great week and don't forget the blessing that it is to have the Restored Gospel in your lives!

I love you all!

con mucho amor,
Hermana Beutler

Going for the goal
Our lunch - AREPAS
Chimburazo
Tungurahua

Building straw towers



Hermana Wyson

Half house 
The "got lazy" half house

No comments:

Post a Comment