Monday, February 6, 2017

Week Seventy-four: Best. Week. Ever.

Ecuadorian mall...no not really but pretty much.
HOLA FAMILIA! 

What an amazing week it has been! Definitely one of my favorites! This week we went to Quito for our Leader's Conference and Élder Montoya came for a Mission Tour. He spoke to us as leaders and we talked about what we can do to resolve some of the difficulties that we have in the mission. IT WAS AMAZING! The spirit was so strong! He literally just came in and asked us what were 5 questions/concerns that we had and went at it. It's incredible how the Lord guides his servants!

Then the next day we had a multizone conference with Elder Montoya. EVEN GREATER! It was such a special experience for me. I felt like everything he said was just for me! Like General Conference! It was the greatest. 

This week we saw a huge miracle! We've been teaching a ton of people who are SO excited during the week to progress and they have a baptismal date and everything but lately they've just stopped going to church, even though we've done our best to go with members to get to know them and call and remind them and even go with them. But lately the attendance has been a little low. Well this weekend we did a fast so that we could see a family truly progressing this transfer. Right as sacrament meeting was starting and not a single family that we tried inviting or accompanying showed up, our miracle walked in the room. Mayra and Jorge came! I mentioned them a couple weeks ago, he's inactive and she's not a member. Well they came to church yesterday! When the sacrament was about to be passed Mayra leaned over and asked if Jorge could take the sacrament because HE WAS FASTING. What?! We haven't even taught them about that yet! So long story short they were our big miracle this week. My companion had mentioned on Saturday that she would cry if they came, well she didn't cry but we were so happy! 

Hahaha so we were asked to teach the Relief Society lesson on marriage on Sunday....hahahaha. It was so fun. 

Oh and I ate octopus this week!I actually didn't realize it until after finishing but it was so delicious that I didn't even care!

Well family. It's been a great week. I love the Gospel. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives. I know the Gospel is the key to happiness. I am so very happy here on the mission. Thank you all for your emails and support! I love you all and can't wait to see what's in store this week in Ecuador!

Have an amazing week!
con mucho amor,
Hermana Beutler
ps. please go read this talk! It's so great!


Getting good at this whole Ecuadorian thing.
Believe it or not, we got everything in the picture for $20.
Even the knife.
S´more time!
Good use of resources
As close as we could get it.
Christofer just doing his bench press. 
He never even got tired. 
One of my favorite ecuadorian families ever!
Mayra, Jorge, and Junior. They´re the best! 
4 of my 11 companions
:D
Mother Daughter foto! 
Shepeipilapa!
Mijaaaa!!!!!!!!
Our group reunited!
Hasta ver!
La muerte en la misión

No comments:

Post a Comment